Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Inspiration from Unlikely Places...

I have to admit that I love photography books.  I love books on technique, lighting, composition, documentary photography, and non-technical books with lots of photographs in them that I can just stare at for hours.  I find that some of my greatest inspiration comes from very unlikely books, books that you might not ordinarily turn to when thinking of getting advice on photography.

One such book is the fabulous Dior in Vogue by Brigid Keenan.  First published in 1981, it features photographs of Dior fashions that appeared in Vogue magazine from 1947-1957.  If you have any interest in fantastic posing and lighting, this book will certainly be of interest.  Though obviously dated, it is classic, and features some really beautiful photographs from some of the top fashion photographers of the time.  I actually found the book on the free shelf of a local bookstore a few years ago, but I see now that it is actually not cheap!  You can check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Dior-Vogue-Brigid-Keenan/dp/0517544482/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338432572&sr=8-1

So check your local Goodwill, yard sales, etc.  You never know where your inspiration might come from!

Until we meet again,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment